Thursday, September 1, 2011

Collegee Football Picks

College Football begins tonight, with a few games on TV, UNLV at Wisconsin on the mother-ship and Memphis vs Mississippi State on FSN, the game I care about is my Alma mater CMU and their now traditional home opener the Thursday night before Labor Day against a FCS school, this year South Carolina State is up, at 7pm. I look forward to all CMU football games, or sporting events for that matter, and the first game of the year is no different. CMU had a tough year last season, 3-9, and do have a hard schedule this year, I have total faith in Coach Dan Enos that the program will take a step forward this year, and continue to improve. I know most people don't care about CMU, and no one may care as much as I do, so I will quickly make my picks for their record, and then move on to the BCS conferences.

After the FCS start, CMU goes to Kentucky, To WMU and to MSU in 3 straight weeks before hosting MAC West favorite NIU. I will be honest, if they win one of those game, it will be good. I hope I'm wrong, but I think 6-6 is the best record the team can have this year.

Big Ten (12):

Nebraska joins the Big Ten this year and I believe their first year will be very successful. They do have a tough conference schedule with Wisconsin, PSU, Michigan and Minnesota as the road games, and MSU, OSU, Iowa, Northwestern at home, of course Minnesota is a gimme. Northwestern that crowd will be mostly Corn Husker red, Michigan is still a year or two away from really competing with a team like Nebraska, and I like them at PSU. At Wisconsin is the only game on their schedule that I think they could lose. But you know what, I'm going out on a limb and picking them to win it, and win the conference title.

Michigan I think 8-4 would be a good year for Brady Hoke. As usual they don't play away from home Until October, and one of those is in the state, and the other at Northwestern, where the stadium will be 50-50 at worse for them. That should help this team.

MSU- I like MSU, but the problem with them, is some of their fans that act like they are a elite football program, they are not, they haven't won a Rose Bowl since 1988. They do have a great running game, but they lost two great LB and have 4 new OL starters. They are not winning at OSU, at Nebraska or at home vs Wisconsin, and going to Notre Dame a week after I predict they lose to Michigan in the first night at the big house, I think ND beats them to and they finish 8-4 as well.

Notre Dame: Brian Kelly is a good football coach, he is a terrible human being, and I hope they lose all their games, but their schedule has some easy games to go with a few tough ones, so I see them going 8-4 as well.

SEC:

Alabama: Of course there are some tough games there but I really like this team and I think they can run the table. It is going to be really really tough, but I like them to go undefeated and win the SEC

South Carolina is my pick to win the East, then UGA, FL, Tenn, Kentucky, Vandy. In the West, Bama, Arkansas, LSU, Auburn, Mississippi State, Ole Miss.

Pac-12:

Oregon: Love all the jerseys, love LaMichael James, only worry is if the NCAA sets in and gets them in trouble due to them paying a recruiting service 25,000 for 3 total reports, since he had ties to James, and some other players from Texas, but they get LSU early, when they have their guys out and USC at home. There is only one game they could lose IMO and that is at Stanford, but they lost too much and Andrew Luck can only do so much. I like USC to win the South Division, but since they can't, ASU will.

ACC:

Va Tech: Their schedule is laughable IMO. They are winning the ACC Coastal and will be undefeated going in to the ACC title game, where they will play FSU and lose to keep the ACC out of the BCS title game, which is good, because the conference isn't very good.

Big 12 (10) :

Oklahoma: At Free Shoe will not be a gimme but they are the better team and will win. Texas A&M and OK State are both overrated if you ask me, though at OK State the last game of the year could be very tough, and I like OK State to beat Oklahoma to keep them out of the BCS title game. Oklahoma will still win the Big 12 title however.

Big East:

West Virginia will win it, the rest of the league isn't very good. That's all


BCS Title game: Alabama beats Nebraska 24-21

Heisman winner: Trent Richardson RB Alabama

I'm so happy college football is here. I hope everyone is ready for a great fall. I'm right, you're wrong.

No comments: